I've made it back to civilization and I happen to be all in one piece!
3rd Jr. was a blast! I counseled a cabin of 5 girls - 2 ten year olds and 3 eleven year olds.
Bethany P. was my jr. counselor. We had a great week in the Den and Lair. Two of the girls
were believers, and one of them asked for prayer as she tries to witness to a girl at school who is always mean to her. The other three girls were hard to figure out - two of them are from homes where both their parents are Christians, so they knew how to be saved and had the "right answers", but when asked their testimony they weren't very sure if they had one! They heard the gospel in every message and all the cabin devotions had the gospel. Both Bethany and I shared our testimonies - I pray these girls will understand the message of salvation and accept Christ as their own. The 5th girl was from a Catholic home and said that she would get to heaven "because I deal with things." I was able to share with her that there is only one way to heaven through Jesus Christ! All five girls tended to be a bit on the quieter side and were afraid of one-on-ones.
I can't believe it myself, but my camera sat in my bag the entire week! Gracious I'm mad at myself now for not being on top of the game. The first summer EVER that I have no camp pictures. Sorry - no visual effects for this post.
Hours are still slow at work. I had an interview at Bemis on Monday -- I'm waiting to hear how that went. I think the interview went good, but I won't really know for sure untill I find out if I get a job there or not.
Today I spent 4.5 hours scraping paint from the trim on my sister and brother-in-law's new house. I enjoy that sort of work, even if I was all alone. Yes, it would have been more enjoyable with someone, but I had alot of things to think and pray about while I worked. Alas, sun burned shoulders and neck are my payment for the work -- guess I didn't put the sunscreen on thick enough...
Three weeks untill classes start...hard to believe summer is nearly over. It's been a great summer - definately one that I will look back on as a growing and changing point in my life.
~Sony
5 comments:
Glad your camp went well - was thinking about you and missing "seeing" you online!
No worries about pics...I saw a few of that week...I've got my sources if you're wondering :) Anywho...it's still busy around here.
Yeah, I'm wondering...through Nate maybe?
Nope...Craig Rolinger posted them on EBCAlumni.net. I think you made a total of one pic. Nate had more camera time...I don't know why though. He's not thaaat cool. :D
Thank you! Yes, I did start this blog a year ago. I used it to leave comments on other people's blogs. Tristan's, etc...
Post a Comment