Monday, August 07, 2006

Got the job at Bemis

I got the job at Bemis and this past night I was training. I thought I would be fighting sleep the
entire time, but I wasn't and now, in fact, I'm quite awake. However, my body must sleep or I will have a hard time tonight. Even though I'm starting to feel tired now, my body is saying, "It's morning! Be alive and awake!" How do I sleep during the day? hmm...

It's definately a new and interesting experience. I expected to get there and see alot of really
"tough" people...you know, the factory stereotype. Not so. I saw ladies that looked like nice mother and grandmother material, and just normal guys, and normal girls. I didn't get the "culture shock" I was expecting. =)
I'll be training tonight, tomorrow night, and Wednesday night.

2 comments:

TheBigYarhoo said...

I've had my share of night jobs that were kind of cool. I did inventory for the Nordstrom Rack for an night, that was boring and a bit rough. I did office filing work for a printing company that was hot and boring (hot because I was mainly in an non-A/C factory putting all the files away, boring because well, it just was). And then who can forget Night Watch at EBC where I could go to my room and do whatever for 20 min. between the checkpoints. That was one of the reasons why I own a ski-mask, because the nights would be freezing.

jaybird said...

How is the job at Bemis going?