Saturday, August 12, 2006

Shoes are my downfall

Today after work I decided to search all the new fall shoes coming out to try and find a pair of much needed brown shoes. My other pair of brown shoes died last winter, I discovered this as I was ringing a bell for the Salvation Army at Christmas time and started to feel wet feet - upon searching the bottom of my shoes I discovered a crack on both soles. They were my favorite shoes AND my most comfortable shoes. I had to trash those, but for that night, to keep my feet dry, I slid two small chip bags over my feet and then slid them back into my shoe with footwarmer pads.
Kept my feet from freezing off! (How's that for being inovative?)
Back to the shoe shopping...
I ended up coming home with four pair of shoes. I really don't have money for 4 pair of shoes, so now I must decide what to keep and return the others. I am rather proud of myself though: I went to payless where shoes are supposed to be less, right? Well, I found this really cool green pair of shoes and my size was there (that's a miracle in itself, for me to find a cute pair of shoes AND my size) but there was no price tag. I asked the associate and she said $24.99. I looked at another pair of shoes, the same brand, almost the same shoe, only a different color and said, "Why are those a different price then these?" She told me that the other pair had been in the store longer and therefore were marked to a lower price. I started to put the green pair back in their spot, she saw this and said, "Well...what would you be willing to spend on these?" I thought a moment, and almost said $16.99, but I said $19.99 instead." She said, "It's a deal." Now I wish I had said $16.99. Oh well, I got the pair of comfy green shoes for a pretty good price. As for brown shoes, I came home three pair and need to decide what I'm going to keep...

2 comments:

TheBigYarhoo said...

Sounds like you've got quite the problem there.

jaybird said...

Yeah, the state fair was great! You should definitely come next year, it is better with non-Iowans!

And yes, the Mt Dew + Tide was a nasty combination....not one I would like to repeat again!