I've been reading the last two days on my way through the book of Judges and just this morning read about Samson. He's a Bible character that I've heard the stories about since I can remember, but this morning as I read I was really struck at how Samson really isn't a great example of a godly person. Although before he was even born God told his parents that Samson would be someone special. He surely doesn't seem like someone special as you read about him taking a wife from the Philistines of whom he wasn't supposed to socialize with, then later after his wife deceives him he chooses not to love her anymore. Then later on we read about him going into a harlot's home and then still later we read about Delilah and how she ultimately talked him into telling her where his strength comes from. God used Samson again and again even though Samson committed adultery again and again. Finally, God used Samson after he had lost his strength because of Delilah, and God allowed Samson strength once more to defeat the Philistines and push the pillars of the temple so that it collapsed and everyone in the temple died.
Judges 13 - 16The interesting thing is that Samson never repented of his sin like David did. Before collapsing the pillars his prayer to God is that he would have vengeance on the Philistines for taking his two eyes when they captured him.
I think the story of Samson would be a good one to share with an unbeliever who thinks he or she has too much sin for God to forgive them and use them to glorify Him. God is not willing that any should perish but that all would come to repentance
(
2 Pet. 3:9). No magnitude of sin should hinder anyone from trusting Christ as their Savior because Jesus Christ died on the cross
one time to take the punishment of
all of each persons sins. (
2 Cor. 5:15)
2 comments:
Sonja - I forgot I had this blog info. I've been praying for you.
email me your number sometime so we can call you.
prayer.kjk@gmail.com
okey dokey Soneeo, The reason I have Tristan bookmarked is because he actually blogs on a regular basis, as opposed to you, a random whimsical blogger indeed.
Post a Comment