Several of you have been asking for an update and although it's late and I still have some reading to do before tomorrow I figured I might as well fit this in as well.
Being here at NTBI has been so new to me...definitely incredible. It's really amazing to see how much people affect ones life. Going to a secular college for two years, always working in secular settings, it starts to take its toll on a person. At least for me. I'm thankful God has me here at NTBI, I need it. A community of Christians serious about their walk with God! It's refreshing and so encouraging. Every single day sitting through classes all morning just learning, learning, learning -- so much that it's hard to process it all!
On on a non-school note...I've had two weeks of training at KC's Driving School and went to take my driving test on Wednesday to find out that my depth perception at close range is poor, but at far range it's normal. I'm praying the DMV won't be picky about it and I'll still be able to get the job.
Besides classes and working I've been able to start tutoring at the Milwaukee Rescue from 5 to 7 pm on Tuesdays. Due to bad weather tutoring kept being canceled, but this past Tuesday I was finally able to meet my student! She's an energetic 6-year-old and already knows how to read. She had completed her homework at school, so we played a game for a while and then she memorized a Bible verse. She's very goal oriented and is working hard to build points toward a toy she wants from the prize cabinet. She's a sweetie and I know seeing her every week will be a highlight for sure!
I'm not a very goal oriented person (...Amy!) but I do have a goal for here at NTBI, or maybe it's not a goal, maybe it's an aspiration? I don't know...
Anyway, I don't want to think about how fast the days go by or "count down" to certain times (such as spring break), but rather I really just want to relish each day and take what it brings. Sometimes it's hard to sit down and study when friends are off to Wendy's for Frosty's and french fries (in actuality I'm not sure I'd REALLY be able to pass that one up...but you get the idea), but I really want my time here to really focus on studying God's Word. Not to say I don't want to have fun...could any of you see my not having fun?! But so often my want to have fun overrules on the things that are really important. I guess this will be a lesson on discipline for me...Proverbs 4:20 says "My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings." It doesn't say "try to" it says straight forward "give attention."
2 comments:
it was nice hearing the update from you sony! I will keep you in my prayers as the Lord reveals the sacred mysteries of His Word to you there at new tribes that they would be put to practical use and bring abundant blessings! :)
Well I guess a polar bear didn't have you cornered in the frozen food section after all! It would be nice to be in a controlled environment of like minded folk - I'm certainly looking fwd to heaven! KC's driving school... is that Milton Haack's chaffeur? Serious stuff now. Ps 46:10 reminds me to be still knowing and trusting God to be God, knowing what is best for us (me) and trusting and resting in Him. Many saints are in the midst of trials and I'm weeping with them in their sorrows, but fully know that He cares and is at work in the lives of His people. I am so thankful for you and your enjoyment in the Word and service to the Lord. Love in Christ, ken
Post a Comment