When I think back to the first one in 2006 I was 20 years old. I had decided to join the team at the prodding of my now very dear friends, John and Dona. Little did I know that for the following summers it was to become part of my life to be involved in outreach to Latino kids in Los Angeles. It's been exciting to see how each year has been unique, either by the people who made up the team, or the new things we tried, or both!


(Photos compliments of Abigail)When I was first asked to join the team, I was hesitant. My summer's had been spent going to work at camp in Minnesota. That's what I knew. That's what I loved. Since I was now in college, I was going to forego my summer at camp to work. So my thoughts were, if I had time to go to Los Angeles, then I had time for camp. I would rather go back to camp than go to Los Angeles. Besides, where would the money come from? I don't remember how the decision was made, except that I found myself in Los Angeles about a month later. As you can see, it has affected my life greatly because otherwise I probably wouldn't be involved in the fifth STEP.
To be continued...
To be continued...
4 comments:
Ooo! And she leaves us with a "to be continued" after not blogging for so long :( I can't wait :)
Wow. I'm comment impaired today. This is only my thirid try at getting it right!
Maybe I should climb into bed and get out the other side???
Here's what I've been attempting to say:
I LOVE your closing phrase, "The fifth STEP."
XOXO
THIRD! ( < ;
Post a Comment