Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Another Bit of Travel: New Jersey

I had just climbed into the car and slammed the car door quickly behind me. I brushed the raindrops off of my coat and wiped them away from my face. As we pulled out of the driveway and down the alley in the 4:30am stormy darkness, I sat there hearing the thump-thump, thump-thump, thump-thump of the windshield wipers as Jeremy guided the car down the alleyway.

So we were off. Off to CMML (the Chrsitian Missions in the Many Lands administrative offices and guest home) in New Jersey, and off on yet another trip where we would have the privilege of sharing with others about Burundi and connecting with many wonderful people who love the Lord and love His work around the world, and who love to pray.

I had been invited to speak at a ladies missionary conference (hosted by one of the assemblies in NJ) and was incredibly blessed by the women there, their interest in missions, and their interest in me personally; their generous giving, and by the other women that I got to hear speak. So blessed!
(Unfortunately, I failed to take any photos.)

I was intrigued by "C's" presentation on Poland. I would love to go help in the work in Poland!
And "M" talked about Zimbabwe--can I go there too?
However, I am so thankful that God clearly leads and directs His children in their place of service for Him...

...or I would be like a ship with no sail!!

(I often have to remind myself that the Lord is more interested in who I am as His child and my relationship with Him, than in what I am doing or where I am going.)

This was our second bit of travel of the year in regards to heading to Burundi. Several posts ago I laid out a bit of a timeframe of where we would be and what we would be doing. There have been some changes as it was beginning to be impractical and we also didn't see the Lord guiding in His time for us to pursue some of the specific things right now.

Thank you for reading and thank you to those who pray for us.


For those who have asked to be kept in the loop on our travels, here is a general layout of the rest of our year:
  • San Francisco (just Sonja--speaking at another ladies missionary conf.)--May 2-6
  • Los Angeles (for STEP)--June 4th to July 3rd  (http://www.step.latinoministries.org/)
  • Story Book Lodge (helping out at Jr. High camp), July 7-13
  • Mission Training International (Colorado)--August
  • Equip International (Missionary Medical Intensive)--September 8-21
  • North Carolina, New Jersey (East Coast in general)--Sept/Oct
  • Oregon via Minnesota, N. Dakota, and Montana (visiting friends, churches, family, and spending time with the Blaine Comm. Church fam)--November
  • December--prep for moving to Burundi!!
  • January--to Burundi!



CMML Guest House & Administrative Offices


Having arrived in the midnight darkness, we awoke the next morning to a beautiful blooming flowery tree outside our window. So beautiful.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

So you are leaving again tomorrow! Crazy. No wonder you didn't come home last night with Duckhorns and Yarralls.

~ Tandis ~ said...

Pretty action packed!! We continue to pray for safety in travels and wisdom in preparations.

Nanner Boo said...

Thanks for blogging these updates... It's like being a... fly... in your suitcase??? lol